December 18, 2015
It’s All About Last Minute (Dining) Details
I don’t know about you, but in my house during the holidays, everything revolves around the dinning room table. Everyone, across four different states, comes together to enjoy a meal, laugh out loud, reminisce on some old memories, make some new ones, and eat… a lot!
We, at Bucks Country Gardens, understand that the holidays are hectic and chaotic, that something’s tend to get done at the last minute (literally), and that panic tends to set it right before the doorbell rings.
I am here to remind you, that it is okay, and at Bucks Country Gardens we are here to provide boundless inspiration and easy execution! So, if you’re going to a party for Christmas or New Years Eve or hosting your own holiday brunch, we’re about to make it a little easier on you. Here are some quick and fabulous recipes featuring Stonewall Kitchen Products for your tasting pleasure!
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- ½ a jar of Stonewall Kitchen New England Cranberry Relish
- If you’re not a fan of Cranberries, feel free to use your favorite Stonewall Kitchen Jam or Relish.
- 1. Place the entire brick of cream cheese on the plate you wish to serve it on.
- 2. Pile ½ a jar of the New England Cranberry Relish on top.
- 3. Serve with your favorite crackers
- You’ll Need for Hot Buttered Rum Base:
½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
You’ll Need for the Drink:
- 8oz of dark rum
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1. To make the base, use a hand mixer on medium speed (or good ol’ fashion muscle) and mix together the butter, syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 2. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of each mug and pour in 2 ounces of rum.
- 3. Add ¼ cup of hot water into each mug and stir!
- 4. To make your holiday a little sweeter, you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each mug!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- 2-3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Fig & Ginger Jam, melted
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400º
- 2. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, set aside
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- 4. Unfold the puff pastry onto the baking sheet, and using a fork, pierce a 1-inch border around the edge of the pastry and a few pokes in the center.
- 5. In four rows, align the apple slices on the pastry, overlapping the slices but leaving the edges clear.
- 6. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the puff pasty is nice and golden brown.
- 8. Remove from the oven and spread the melted jam over the top and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes
- 9. Remove and let sit for 10 or 15 minutes before cutting.
- 10. Cut into squares and serve!
You can make anyone of these delicious recipes for a holiday party or as a spread for your own festive feast! These Stonewall Kitchen products, along with many others, are available at Bucks Country Gardens. If you’re not much of a chef, these Stonewall Kitchen products make great gifts or last minute stocking stuffers, too!
Instead of worrying about what to make and bake this week, use anyone of these Bucks Country Gardens approved recipes!
Hopefully this blog inspired you to create something tasty or took a bit of the holiday chaos out of your get together so you can enjoy it that much more.
To view these recipes and more featuring Stonewall Kitchen Products, Click Here!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, from our dining room table to yours!
Jessie Tanski | Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator