January 16, 2015
The Landscape Design/Build Process and How It Works
A quick glimpse outside only reveals a dreary and bleak landscape. It’s January. And you’re probably thinking that there isn’t much to do about it now aside from daydreaming about what your property shoulda-, coulda-, woulda- look like. But, believe it or not, now is the perfect time to start turning that dream into a reality. Think back to the end of last summer and all the things you thought about doing or changing or creating in your garden beds, in an overgrown space in the yard, or possibly the addition of new patio space. Whatever the goal, let us help you achieve it. Begin the planning stages now and as soon as the weather warms, watch as things begin to take shape and your ideal outdoor living space becomes a reality. How does the Landscape Design/Build process work? Let us explain.
What is landscape design/build?
Very simply, it is both the design and installation of a landscape project being performed by one company. The alternative to design/build involves the design and specifications created by one company (Landscape Architect or Designer) and the installation performed by another (Landscape Contractor).
At Bucks Country Gardens, each Landscape Designer works directly with their clients from the beginning of the project to the end–literally manages the installation in addition to creating the design. The result is a seamless process, based on direct accountability and personal relationships.
Here’s how it works:
1. A client phone call or completed Landscape Services Request Form from the Garden Center starts the process. One of our Landscape Designers will discuss with you both your needs and our services.
2. A site visit will be scheduled to review the specifics of your project and how we can provide the most appropriate service. Immediate on-site sketch plans and cost estimates may be used to address simple projects and determine feasibility. In most instances, a complete site analysis and client interview is conducted from which a design is created.
3. Detailed, professional landscape plans and specifications are required on most projects. We do charge a separate fee for our design services which can be credited towards the installation of your project. Clients, with whom we have worked in the past and new clients who have committed to working with us, will not be charged design fees. We will show you examples of our work and provide referrals to help you decide if you and Bucks Country Gardens are a good fit. More than 80% of our projects are referrals and repeat clients.
4. The landscape design and project proposal will be presented. This will take place at the Garden Center where you will have the opportunity to review and approve plant selections and personally select the key pieces for your project. Modifications, amendments and additions to the plan are finalized and the project is approved and scheduled.
5. The installation of your project will be supervised by our production manager together with your designer. Experienced and certified Bucks Country crews and our selected contractors will complete the project professionally, courteously, on time and on budget.
6. Your project will be reviewed and approved and the regular care needed to insure your success will be presented to you along with our seasonal maintenance services.
Should you have any questions or additional needs at a later date, our Garden Center is open seven days a week (closed Sundays in January and February) for your convenience. Trained horticulturists, designers and outdoor living specialists are always on staff to help should your designer be unavailable. At Bucks Country Gardens, we have everything you need to add your personal touch to the project–from seasonal planters and garden décor to casual furniture.
The first step to a new and improved landscape or outdoor living space is only a phone call away. Give us a call today at 215.766.7800 and visit our Landscape Design/Build photo gallery to see more: http://www.buckscountrygardens.com/landscape/photo-gallery.html We design. We build. We manage. We guarantee. Outdoor spaces created just for you.
Bucks Country Gardens Landscape Design/Build Services:
Permitting & Administration
Raised Vegetable Gardens
Fountains & Statuary
Fire Pits & Fireplaces
Pergolas & Arbors
Fencing & Decks
Bluestone, Paver & Brick Patios & Walkways
Bucks Country Gardens | Landscape Design/Build